Got a young shutterbug in your family? Help them enter their nature photos in Ranger Rick’s “Your Best Shots” photography contest and they’ll have a chance to see their work in print.
The contest is for kids under 13 years old, is free to enter, and the winner could have their photo featured on the Ranger Rick web site and in the print magazine. Kids can enter up to three photos every month, and judges will be selecting a winner for each month, and a ‘magazine’ winner four times per year.
To find out more, see the details of the contest at the National Wildlife Federation.
Tips from NWF to help kids take award-winning photos:
- Nature photography generally requires stillness so be patient and quiet to get a great shot
- Think small: backyard wildlife make wonderful subjects
- Get close, but not too close if you are photographing a wildlife critter
- Be sure to respect and appreciate your photo subject and the nature around you when taking photographs.
- You don’t need expensive camera equipment to take a great photo