I like to stay up on what men are talking about as it relates to masculinity, manhood, and personal development, and one of my new favorite subscriptions in the ‘man stuff’ folder in my RSS reader is The Masculine Heart.
This week, William shares a clip from Comedy Central which pokes fun at the men’s movement, and then busts the stereotype with his take on the crisis of dudes:
Here’s the deal:
* I cry from time to time.
* I would rather read a book than shoot a gun.
* I eat quiche.
* I use moisturizer.
* I drive a four-door sedan.
* I think John Wayne made horrible movies.
* I make love far more often than I have sex.
* I watch the History Channel as much (or more) as I watch ESPN.
* I squat 395 lbs.
* I do dips with 135 lbs hanging from my waist.
* I look damn good naked.
* I am masculine without being a stereotype.
* I am sensitive without being soft.
I also love good homemade food and cooking, and we eat a vegan diet, so I’m always on the hunt for good recipes and vegan versions of traditional recipes. So when I found Vegan Dad, I felt right at home. You don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy his blog, though. The recipes and tips are great no matter what your dietary preference is.
This week, it’s Easy Green Curry:
“I love green curry, but I find I rarely make it and gravitate more to a sweet and sour red curry. This dish came together quite quickly from the veggies still kicking around in the fridge at the end of the shopping week.”
[Yes, the two-fer toads are silly, but hey… That’s what I got. Original image: Randy Son of Robert at Flickr]