Are you up for a challenge? The good people of GOOD are challenging themselves to waste less during the month of July, and they are inviting you to join in!
“Our GOOD Challenge for July is to waste less. How you go about that is up to you. Perhaps you could start bringing your own cup to coffee shops or stop eating takeout so much. Regardless of what you choose, you should do so with the goal of producing just one paper grocery bag of trash per week.”
Need some quick and easy ideas to generate less waste this month?
- Give up your to-go cup habit, whether it’s for coffee or soda. Bring your own reusable mug or cup with you when going out.
- Give up your bottled water habit. Carry a refillable water bottle with you.
- Bring your own lunch (or breakfast or dinner), and forgo the take-out trash.
- Start a compost pile or worm composting bin. It’s easier than you think. If you don’t have the space for one, find a friend or coworker who does, and make a deal to deliver your compostables to their bin.
- Bring your own reusable bag when going shopping.
- Buy in bulk if possible.
On Twitter and Facebook, the hashtag #30DaysofGOOD will be used to keep you abreast of the progress of the GOOD team, so feel free to use it to let them know how you’re faring with the 30 Day Waste Less Challenge as well.