Packing for a trip can be stressful. Between deciding what to bring and how to pack, it can all get a little overwhelming. Whether you’re packing for a family vacation or an important business trip, it’s important to know how to pack efficiently. If you have an important trip to pack for, then follow these simple packing hacks to help make packing a breeze.
- Make a list — start by writing down everything you need to bring. This not only helps you stay organized, but it will also help ensure you don’t forget anything at home. It can be overwhelming packing for just yourself, let alone the rest of your family too. If you make a list, you’ll be sure to have everything you need.
- Avoid stains — put any type of product that has potential to spill in a ziploc bag to ensure nothing leaks all over your clothes. It’s also a good idea to put light colored clothing on the bottom or away from your toiletries. You should put shoes in bags too or even use shower caps you keep your dirty shoes from ruining your clothes.Stained clothing can ruin your whole trip. If you’re going on a business trip or even an interview, a stain could be catastrophic. Psychology research shows that first impressions are formed within 7 to 17 seconds of meeting someone. Furthermore, 55% of a person’s opinion about someone is based off of physical appearance. With this in mind, it’s important to make sure your clothing stays stain-free.
- Fill empty space — making use of every spare inch of your luggage will ensure you don’t have to bring more than one bag. Stuffing socks and other small items into gaps will make sure all possible space is used.
- Keep your clothes fresh — packing some potpourri or scented dryer sheets will keep your items smelling fresh, even after spending a few days in a suitcase.
- Layer your items — if possible, put your shoes on one layer, clothes on another, toiletries on the next, and so on. This will not only keep your items organized and easy to find, but if you’re checking your bag for a flight, it will help the security agent screen your bag quicker.
By following these few simple tricks, and discovering some of your own along the way, you can be sure to have a successful packing session before setting off for your trip.